- Mint.com - Mint is a great way to quickly keep track of the money moving and and out of your accounts. My favorite part is the alerts when you are getting close to your budget limit. Even better part - FREE!
- Manilla - Manilla is a great new way to track all of your bills in one place. No more missing due dates, and best part - FREE! (I like free)
- Quicken 2014. - As much as I like the ease of the above programs, eventually when you have enough money and are investing Quicken becomes a better tool for tracking everything. I like that I have my data file, I have all my investing records as far back as 1998 and there are better reports for checking investment performance. Plus now they offer things like reciept uploading via phone!!!! (I am very excited about this!)
Books - looking for an online solution to manage your
business books? Check out Fresh books today and get a 30 day
- ReadyforZero - This is another FREE platform that helps people manage and reduce debt on their own. Users can manage their credit cards, student loans, mortgages and more to get a full picture of their finances. To sign up, users connect their online loan accounts to the site and receive a debt payment plan that is instantly adjustable. The site is 100% free and no credit card or trial period is required to join. (Check out my Ready for Zero review here)
- Morningstar: I use Morningstar for all of my investing research. I do use the premium version and have since 2001. It is easy to use and you can sort by just about any criteria you want. They also have a cool portfolio analyzer tool that lets you get an overview of everything in one place. While there are a few things I wish they made easier, it is the best resource out there to quickly analyze your investments. Very helpful!
- Personal Capital - Kind of like a
cross between mint and mornsingstar.
Great to view both your expenses and get better details on
your investments. Great for weekly updates on your
investments without a ton of data entering like on Morningstar.
Best part? Free! I use this with
Morningstar to always know how I am doing.
- TheStreet: Like Morningstar tons of information on investing. They also offer both free and premium services so you can find what you need.
- Motif Investing: - Want help picking out investments without excessive fees? Motif Investing helps you pick basekets of stock so you are diversifed and then buy them for cheap - really cheap - only $9.95. Even if you don't use the options they give you you can create your own and still gt the $9.95.
this is a great site if you want to start investing in stocks
very little money. You invest directly with the
do so for as little as $10.
Saving Money:(Check out this post on how I save money while shopping besides these tools)
- Special Edition Personal Checks, Free Custom Lettering, Free Upgrade, Free 4th Box - Click Here! - I have been using ChecksUnlimited for years, I hate to overpay for things like bank checks. They have amazing selection, they are cheaper than your bank and they make it easy to order. They even ship so that know one knows they are checks. Love them!
- Use discounted gift cards. When someone gets a gift card they won't use they can resell them and you save money! Check out Gift Card Granny which pulls all the gift card sites to one place so you can find the best deal!
- Ebates.com - I thought I went to
heaven when I discovered this site. Before you order anything
online you sign in at Ebates and click through to the site you want to
shop. You then get cash back once a quarter from your
Other (Taxes, Estates, Etc):
- HR Block - If you are not using a CPA then I recommend using HR Block. They have the best training in the industry, the online services are backed by their experts and they make things as painless as possible. I not only used them before switching to a CPA, but I also worked for them!
- US Legal Forms - I recommend everyone have a will specific to their state. If you don't have the money to hire an attorney use US Legal Forms. Plus they have just about every legal form you could want. I have purchased both rental contracts, power of attorney and business forms from them.
|Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). These are all things that I have experience with that I am recommending because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products. Please do not spend money unless you feel it’s for something you really need and will help you reach your goals.|