Available for article interviews, radio shows and TV shows.
Contact our office at 281-619-8684 or fill out our contact form
You can generally expect a response within 24-32 hours.
(Powerpoint available at bottom)
Click to download: Andrea Travillian media kit
My name is Andrea Travillian and I am a financial coach, specializing in helping business owners manage both their financial goals and their life goals. I have been passionate about personal finance from a young age (bought my first stock in 6th grade), and have my BA in finance from the University of Iowa and my MBA from Creighton University.
After working in banking, mortgages, investments, corporate finance and taxes, I realized my skill lie in educating and helping others find financial security. In 2007, I started Smart Step, Inc to help others understand where they want to go and figure out the financial path of getting there.
I now spend my time writing, coaching and speaking on topics from life planning, money management and investing. I am also the kids and money expert for About.com.
I have written five books on different aspects of personal finance including budgeting, the relationship between money and your health and debt reduction.
I have been married to my husband for 13 years and have one son. We live outside Dallas, Texas. In my free time I enjoy reading, fitness and traveling.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- An announcement about your piece on my social media channels. (This assumes that your piece is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- Professionally prepared content that will ensure you get exactly what you need for your story, podcast or interview.
Sampling of Past Media
- Stacking Benjamins – episodes 22 (Debt Reduction) and 39 (Wedding Planning)
- Reach the Summit – Episode 12 – Personal Finance for Entrepreneurs
- The Chris Cerrone show – Episode 38 – Financially Thrive
- Money Matters Podcast – Episode 50 – Healthy Money and Your Health
- The Starters Club – Episode 09 – Five Financial Steps to Take to Get Ready for Self Employment
- Doubt the Doubts – Episode 215 – The Language of Money
- Fox Business: Five Steps to DIY Debt Management & Linked Savings Accounts
- Point Blank: Small Business Mistakes with Money
- My Bank Tracker: Financial Issues Between Couples Solved
- Fiduciary News: Ten Reasons Retirement Experts want you to say no to MyRa
- Go Bank Rates: 7 Strategies for Growing Your Savings Account to $1 Million
- Veterans United: Rethink the emergency fund
- Levo: 10 Ways to Slim Down Your Fitness Budget
- Women’s Health – Lowering the Cost of Attending a Wedding
- US News – How to Teach Your Kids Money Management
- She Owns It – Expense Reimbursement for Small Business Owners Made Easy
- Three Steps Radio with Diedre Hughey (WCOM 103.5FM in North Carolina and BlogTalk Radio)
- The Financial View on 1180 KOIL (am), Omaha NE
- Money Matters on KPFT Houston (May 2014)
- The Complete Guide to Your Personal Finances Online: Step-by-Step Instructions to Take Control of Your Financial Future Using the Internet – by Tamsen Butler
- What you need to do to pay off debt
- How to get started investing
- How to create a life and financial plan
- Are your finances ready for self-employment
- Goal Setting and achievement tips
Social Media Data (As of April 27):
Photos Available for Use: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFzQNw5
Andrea Travillian is a financial coach with a focus on helping you achieve financial independence that is in line with your life and goals.
She has a degree in finance from the University of Iowa and a MBA from Creighton University.
She has worked in banking, corporate finance, taxes, and retirement investing both in the United States and abroad in Australia. Since 2007 she has been working with individuals and micro businesses to help them understand and manage their money.
She is an author of four books, writes at about.com and speaks on topics ranging from basic money management to understanding your start-up business money.
You can follow her weekly blog and videos at Take A smart Step.com
Books Available for Promoting: http://www.takeasmartstep.com/products