Spirituality, contentment, happiness, and inner peace – whatever you want to call – it can be hard to achieve. You can read book after book on self help/spirituality and still struggle to understand how to actually apply it to your daily life. Going from awareness to implementation can be the key to finally internalizing everything you have ever read.
I recently discovered the book: May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein that guides you on a 42 day journey to implementing the Course in Miracles, which is an inner peace/spirituality book. Through the book Gabrielle Bernstein takes you through small daily steps that can help you find inner peace and happiness.
I personally was amazed at how effective implementing the small tasks were to my reducing my overall stress level. It made everything I have ever read about spirituality and happiness easy to actually apply to my life. Happiness and contentment are not always easy to grasp and apply, yet May Cause Miracles changed my approach to resetting my thoughts!
Andrea’s Stars: 5
Why I like it:
- Gives you a daily plan for achieving more love and happiness in your life.
- Covers the “major” development areas – money, relationships, self perception, and body images. I am a firm believer that we need to be balanced in all areas to become our best possible selves, so we are covered here.
- A mantra for each day to help you through the process, sometimes it is just about having a go to saying that will calm you and re-center you.
- Low time commitment – what is required of you each day is completely doable. I actually only missed one evening activity the entire time. With our busy lives, it makes it easier to make changes when you find a program that has a low time commitment.
What I don’t like:
- Can get a bit repetitive as the formula is the same for each week. While it is part of the process to go through each of the development areas with the same formula, it can be easy to glide over them because they feel repetitive. Just remember to focus on the goal for the week.
- The book title says 40-Day guidebook, but it is actually 42-days. Small detail, but it really kind of bothers me – just title the book what it is!
Who the Book is Good For:
- Someone ready to actually implement some of the spiritual reading that they have done.
- Anyone feeling stressed and unhappy, this would be great to help you relax and focus on how to be happy.
While it can be difficult to look at who you are, and where you are it does allow you the ability to change and grow. Take a bit of you time and become the best you that you can be. Remember if you can focus on finding happiness today within yourself then you will stop chasing money, food and many other things for happiness. So what are you waiting for? Go grab the book! (Then share this post with a friend so you can be happy together!)