Many of us when trying to tackle our money problems look to making more money as the solution. The biggest problem with this is that we only have so much time and flexibility with our schedules. To me the real key is in making sure you are getting the most out of everything that you are already doing during your day.
How? Ask yourself how can you make more with what you are already doing?
If you have a job you could:
- Further your education, studies show the more education you have the more you make. The nice part about even single day training sessions is that they add a skill for life. So instead of constantly working a part time job, you can spend those same hours one time to add to your resume.
- Take on more responsibilities to show you could handle that promotion that comes with more money.
- Find a job that lets you control a portion of your income, such as sales.
- Ask for a raise.
If you have a business, even if it is part-time you can:
- Focus on products that you sell and deliver without ever being there. Think e-products or drop ship items.
- Hire subcontractors to help with more customers.
If you stay at home with the kids you can:
- Take on more kids as child care.
- Make more food while you are prepping yours then sell it – (I for one would buy a ready to go home cooked meal from a mom so I don’t have to cook!)
- Mystery Shop when you are out and about with your errands.
- Teach at the mom’s day out program your kids go to.
- Start a blog about being a mom.
Challenge yourself to maximize what you are doing today before you start adding more and more commitments for your schedule. You might be pleasantly surprised at home much money comes in.
I would love to hear your ideas on how you can expand what you are doing right now to increase your income, please comment below.